Friday, March 13, 2009

Working Away!

Although I have been quiet on this blog the last few weeks, I have still been working away on this project! I am trying to see if I can get a discount of any kind on black washable markers for the dolls. It is not ideal to have color markers (so the dolls face ends up being purple or pink or something). Black would work much better but they are not easy to find! I have had help locating one company and sent a query for a possible discount. I hope, hope, hope it works out!

Also, I have a new order fr 80 dolls from a fantastic group in Pleasant Grove. They are going to have a 'Service Saturday' in April. I have been cutting, sewing and turning the dolls....and am a little over half way done w/ the order. I will supply the pre sewn dolls, markers and poems and also talk about the dolls, what they are used for in therapy situations and how we can recognize and respond to abuse issues in our own neighborhoods. The education is such an important part of this program. They will provide the willing hearts, needles and thread and stuffing.

If anyone out there spying on this service blog is interested in helping then just leave a comment below w/ your e mail and contact info. I never post the comments (they are always moderated and deleted) so your info won't actually go out over the web. Anyway, spread the word!

No comments: