Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Many Hands...



We recently had a youth service party in my neighborhood. About 60 (ish) children came together on a Saturday morning and stuffed dolls! Some of their parents even helped me prepare for the service party by sewing some of the dolls beforehand. They worked for only one hour and got almost 55 dolls stuffed. Tomorrow I am organizing another youth service party with some older youth (ages 12+) who will work on sewing the hair on those dolls.

Here is a picture of me delivering some finished dolls to American Fork Hospital. Did you know that if your youth group does a 'Nightingale Doll Service Party' then you can be the ones to make the delivery? We even provide the patterns and sewing directions - and in most cases can provide some or all of the materials! Really, it doesn't have to be a youth group that hosts a service party. Maybe your family would like to make a committment of 10 dolls or maybe there are some adults out there who would like to come together on this important project. Think about it and let me know. Oops, I'm late for school....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Meagan, YOU ARE AMAZING!!! I'm very proud of you!

Anonymous said...

Meagan,
Great idea! Our family would love to help you out! We'll email your mom with the details!